Sunday, March 02, 2014

02:03:14 Dragon pie recipe

Here is the recipe I loosely base my "Dragon Pie" on.

I'm not a fan of step 3 where you throw away the veggies. After my big Monday supermarket shop I just sear the meat, chop the veggies and add the Guinness and pour it all into my slow cooker casserole dish and keep it in the fridge until the day we want it. Then I cook it on low for 8 hours and serve with the mashed potato and steamed veggies.

It's a great recipe to make a double batch of and freeze half the casserole for an easy dinner later in the month. Don't forget to make pastry "lids" with a sheet of frozen puff pastry. Simple squares to sit over the meat when served up on a normal day, a Welsh dragon cookie cutter for St David's day and a big shamrock one for St Patrick's day on March 17th!

1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. fabulous! I think I might give that a go in the cooler weather! Sorry if that offends your tradition! Looks devine - so got to eat the dragon?